10 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
At Brazonics Inc. we specialize in the manufacturing of aluminum brazed assemblies including enclosures, chassis, cold plates and heat exchangers for defense and commercial aerospace industrial markets. Our unique processes go beyond traditional capabilities to provide our customers with durable, highly efficient thermal solutions. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Machine Operator 1st shift in our Brazonics Inc business located in Hampton, NH.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, the CNC Horizontal Machine Operator will operate similar production machines to perform similar operations or produce similar parts by a single or closely related step. Jobs are frequently of short duration, requiring frequent change in set up. Operator has limited control over product quality.
* Works from specific written or verbal instructions and general operating practices.
* Makes routine adjustments/set ups of equipment for limited and readily definable and measurable variables such as length, temperature, or pressure.
* Loads raw material into the machine, manually cycles, and unloads finished product.
* Performs additional operations such as identifying, removing flash, gates or other excess material, lubricating product or tooling.
* Checks product against fixed gauges routinely and adjusts set up accordingly.
* Maintains production and equipment records.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* Two-to-four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Strong communication skills, and must be able to work independently in addition as part of a team.
* Demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and sound judgment.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Completion of CNC Machine Operating technical school program.
* Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock; vibration; and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as required.
Safety Glasses and Steel Toe Shoes are required in all production areas at all times.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.