6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Manufacturing Engineering / Assembly / Repair
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
Position Title – Operator/Assembler
The successful candidate will:
Assemble together components to include fabricated metal items as specified by work orders, diagrams or layout by performing the following duties.
1. Perform repetitive assembly and hand operations. Operate and adjust equipment following general instructions. Make simple set-ups and perform routine, preventative maintenance.
2. Comply with plant safety rules. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
3. Supply accurate information on labor reporting, material, scrap and process. Detect and report to proper supervision unusual or defective conditions.
4. Perform similar or associated departmental duties as assigned and directed.
5. Use Standard measuring tools and gages to check the quality of parts. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other manufacturing drawings and specifications.
6. Must be able to perform a minimum of tasks as defined in the plant certification task lists at or above standard rate and with acceptable quality.
7. Regular, predictable attendance is required
Candidate skills & requirements
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to communicate in English orally and through written means.
• Ability to carry out written or oral instructions.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Sarasota area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• 5 years of Manufacturing experience.
• Read blue prints and basic understanding of GD&T.
• Ability to perform product inspections utilizing inspection equipment such as shadowgraph and various measurement tools both handheld, digital and computer based.
• Ability to test products as required and knowledge of using power supplies, multimeters, and other equipment as necessary.
May be required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear; must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally. Vision requirements may include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception and close vision. Many assemblies are small in size and require fine manipulation of components.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Florida, Sarasota
Minimum education level achieved
High School diploma, A Level
Minimum experience level required