8 months ago
Operations Team Leader
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58507BR Date posted 12/21/City Windsor Locks
Electronic Environmental and Engine Systems Aftermarket is seeking an Operation Team Leader who will be responsible for meeting or exceeding safety, quality, production and delivery metrics in a repair/overhaul environment. In this role, the incumbent will drive continuous improvement across key business objectives. The incumbent will interface with internal & external customers, as well as senior management. The Operation Team Leader reports to the Value Stream Manager of the Jet Fuel Control area. This position will be responsible for operational support cells such as inspection, test, and process.
- Direct the activities of a repair/overhaul team (up to 20 hourly employees) within your assigned area
- Achieve required safety, quality, delivery and performance levels
- Develop, coordinate, lead and execute daily repair orders in accordance customer repair contracts.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement utilizing the ACE tools
- Own customer satisfaction with everything under your direction
- Act as a single point of contact to manage competing priorities and resource demands to maximize customer satisfaction and cell performance.
- Interface with internal and external to prepare for, and successfully launch modification programs or new program introductions within your assigned area
- Perform miscellaneous assignments as required / requested
Experience in operations, manufacturing, business, contracts, or other related field.
Aerospace, Aftermarket, and Lean Manufacturing experience/training strongly desired. Demonstrated experience in making sound judgments. Demonstrated success in leading by example and a demonstrated ability to facilitate and manage change effectively is preferred. Position requires some coverage of off-hour operations and some holiday coverage.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
Master's degree preferred, Finance background a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.