about 1 year ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role, you will demonstrate leadership by communicating business goals / programs / processes for an area or business segment. You will utilize experience and expertise to solve problems. This role will afford you to have the ability to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to impact short-term and some long-term business goals.
* Collaborate with team(s) to set goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance and coach teams to be accountable / take ownership of these goals
* Coordinate with team(s) on process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence within and outside of the team(s)
* Motivate team(s) to achieve goals in asset utilization, process / manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality, delivery and cost reduction
* Work closely with team to understand business and financial metrics to enhance individual and team skills
* Encourage an environment of continuous improvement for all assigned products / processes
* Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product / process producibility and delivered quality requirements
* Partner with team to achieve asset utilization, cost attainment, quality, delivery, budget, and headcount goals
* Work with team to fulfill headcount plans by collaborating during the careful selection process
* Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
* Provide technical, quality and production leadership to assigned team(s)
* Encourage team to achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
* Effectively communicate key issues to the team
* Support overall organization in the strategic planning of manpower, equipment and other resources
* Maintain positive employee relations by working with employees to resolve employee relations issues and concerns involving HR when needed
* Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices
* Advocate Lean Six Sigma rigors within the team(s)
* Work together with team(s) on production scheduling and development / flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
* Assess employee training and development needs, assesses the maturity of the team, and adjusts leadership style to enhance team performance
* Flexibility in schedule to report to work during an off shift
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing role)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing leadership or support position
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Ability to report to work during an off shift
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred
* Strong analytical skills
* Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing team based environment is preferred
* Strong organizational skills
* Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering) is preferred (GE employees only)
* Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
* Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
* Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Peebles
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.