6 months ago
Operations Finance Sr Associate
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57992BR Date posted 12/12/City Chula Vista
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion.
This financial analyst position is a key support role to the Controller and Plant Manager for United Technologies Aerospace Sytems (UTAS) Chula Vista. Job responsibilities for this role will primarily consist of but not be limited to:
- Annual Overhead Budgeting and quarterly EAC development.
- Develop Manufacturing OH Rates and Service Center % allocations for all Chula Vista overhead cost pools.
- Study, interpret and communicate impact of direct labor hour performance and OH rate changes to Programs.
- Manage financial compliance (cycle counts, inventory accuracy, labor charging, asset management, cost transfers, etc.).
- Manage direct labor forecast.
- Perform key financial monthly reporting and variance analysis.
- Develop business case scenarios for CAPEX Projects.
- Manage all aspects of CV Site CAPEX projects and cost savings initiatives from beginning to end.
- Formulate and lead process/system improvements through CI events, introducing new methods and approaches, establishing best practices, and managing standard work.
- Drive process and reporting improvements.
- Manage, monitor and report progress on special business projects.
- Interact with and support internal and external auditors.
- Perform ad hoc analysis.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 2-5+ years experience
Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 0-2+ years experience
Strong knowledge of Overhead Budgeting.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interface with middle and senior level management and articulate program financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Adaptability to manage multiple and varied tasks.
- ERP experience [preferably SAP].
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- ACE associate preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.