The role will be based at our Head Offices situated at Malta International Airport with a shift pattern of 07.00-19.00 & 19.00-07.00
· Prepare OFP's for all sectors and ensure compliant routes are filed, whilst monitoring current Weather and Notam information that may affect the operation.
· Produce all documentation required by flight crew including Met Reports and Forecasts, Notams and OFP's.
· Work closely with the Maintrol so that OFP's can be adjusted to compensate for any aircraft defects that may have a penalty on the operation.
· Keep the Duty Manager Operations Control Centre and Crew appraised of any foreseeable disruption to the programme whilst using the most efficient and economically viable option.
· Keep a flight watch on the Company aircraft and any other flights for which the company has a responsibility.
· Ensure all adhoc aircraft charters and positioning flights have been allocated with the required OFP resources.
· Promote and implement the company SMS to ensure that the prevention of accidents is a priority.
· Experience within a busy Flight Dispatch environment is desirable.
· Knowledge of Meteorology, Navigation, Aircraft Mass and Balance, Air Traffic management, Aircraft performance, Air Law Regulations.
· Knowledge of CFMU functions.
· Proven ability to work under pressure.
· Possess professional, friendly and customer-focused personality.
· Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
· A passion for aviation.