3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
At UTAS we value people, integrity, ideas, and performance. We are currently seeking a results-oriented, team-player Operational Excellence Associate Director to facilitate and lead our lean transformation at our Phoenix, AZ. facility.
* Perform Error Proofing, Total Productive Maintenance, Kaizen, Kanban/Pull Systems, Set-Up & Lead time Reduction, takt time, one piece flow and Standard Work.
* Lead complex projects that cut across various organizational, functional, and internal boundaries.
* Accomplish results by: communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling; initiating and coordinating; and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Maintain OPEX local team by training team members to become Lean experts for a career development path.
* Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating responses to Andons within process control points; initiating and fostering robust problem solving within and between departments.
* Conduct regular plant Lean assessments (VSM), develop action plans and work implementations.
* Achieve required scorecard metric targets including safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost.
* Conduct Kaizen events using Lean and ACE methodologies to generate priority initiatives with measurable results.
* Establish, implement, and monitor critical business operating systems, policies, and procedures that support the achievement of business objectives.
* Develop a high-performing, data-driven culture that deploys lean enterprise techniques to target initiatives and drive Continuous Improvement in every function and aspect of the business.
* Lead time observed standard work development and waste reduction across the business office and manufacturing processes.
* Partner with the Human Resource team to link individual performance with the achievement of organizational goals.
* Represent the business in customer, community and industry events or associations.
* Provide technical guidance and mentorship to Lean Leaders to drive project execution.
* Identify and tracs all Operational Excellence improvement projects and cost savings.
* Provide standard work guidance and support to all the levels of the organization, especially the shop-floor.
* Provide shop-floor and administrative areas Lean support. (This includes expert knowledge and application of the TPS principles of Lean 6S Workplace Organization, Value Stream Mapping.)
* 10+ years of experience (with related Bachelor’s degree) in Operational Excellence Manager/Director, Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing, Operations Manager/Director, or related field within aerospace, automotive, medical or related industry is required, OR
* 8+ years of experience in (with related Master’s degree) in Operational Excellence Manager/Director, Continuous Improvement/ Lean Manufacturing, Operations Manager/Director, or related field within aerospace, automotive, medical or related industry is preferred.
* Strong Lean Manufacturing background with proven managerial experience
* Expert knowledge and practical application of: Problem-Solving 8D, PDCA, and DMAIC tools and methodologies.
* Proven experience providing problem-solving training and coaching to all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated metrics and track record of success.
* Due to projects/programs we support at this site, candidates must be a U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Persons, or Permanent Resident)
* Certification in Six Sigma Black Belt
* Experience working with SAP applications
* Knowledge of planning and supply chain management is a plus
* Strong, demonstrated aerospace/aerospace aftermarket preferred
* Ability to demonstrate exceptional technical proficiency and advanced problem-solving capabilities
* Willingness to champion a continuous improvement mindset and to support change initiatives
* Adept in interpersonal relationships, oral and written communication, and ability to drive success
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or related study is required
* Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related study is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.