11 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a OD/ID Grinder (2ND Shift) in our Machine Products Group, located in Westminster, CA. This division of B/E Aerospace specializes in high-quality, complex components, assemblies, kits, gears, precision and gearbox assemblies, and complex machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications.
* ID/OD Grinding using appropriate gauges and fixtures to check and assure all work and dimensional specs are met.
* Performs basic maintenance on machines and parts when necessary.
* Sets-up machines by installing and adjusting wheels, attachments, centers, stops, etc.
* Uses commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines.
* Reads, interprets, understands and works from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
* Determines number of cuts required, and method of setup; while utilizing a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
* Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Must have a minimum of 2+ years of hands on experience operating and setting-up a Grinding machines.
* Must be able to set up and operate OD grinders efficiently.
* Must have good mechanical skills.
* Experience with very close tolerance and high quality work. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods.
* Ability to read, interpret, understand and work from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications
* Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments.
* Strong basic math skills.
* Aerospace experience is preferred.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.