9 months ago
OAK Ron Check Mechanic
# of Openings
Important Job Details
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
* Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
* The work of the Mechanic shall include all work generally recognized as Mechanic's work performed by the Company in its airline operations in and about Company shops, maintenance bases, and maintenance stations--including, but not limited to--checks, dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, welding, erecting, and painting all parts of aircraft, aircraft engines, radio equipment, instruments, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and machine tool work in connection therewith.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Two years of experience on heavy jets of 12,500 pounds or more is required; recent experience preferred (within the past two years).
* Must submit at last three Letters of Reference from individuals you have directly worked with.
Must possess a valid U.S. Driver's License.
Mechanics must hold valid Federal A&P Certificates, as required by Federal Law, for their assignment.
* Must be able to perform all job functions within cramped and confined spaces and in hazardous areas.
* Must be able to lift and move items of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
* Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance procedure manuals and related documents, wire diagrams, blueprints, Aircraft Change Orders, special items, and log write-ups.
* Must be able to follow instructions, learn, understand, and comply with maintenance procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Must be able to write accurate and complete summaries of work accomplished on required forms and sign to verify that the work was performed as indicated.
* Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
* Must be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment, working under specified deadlines and time-constraints to perform aircraft maintenance so as to meet the demands of the flight schedule.
* Must work well with others as part of a team, and be able to work under stressful situations.
* Must be able to work rotating shifts, holidays, and overtime.
* Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
* Must be able to communicate information and instructions in writing, verbally, or via radio equipment.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must possess the tools required to perform routine aircraft maintenance.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS