5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Aviation, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors and systems for aircraft, industrial, marine, military and space. Unison's products span the globe and can be found on almost anything flying - from two place trainer airplanes to giant 747's and rockets traveling to space.
We presently have an opening for a 1st shift Assembler, working from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
In this role, you will:
* Assemble parts according to process sheet / print instructions
* Perform electrical, mechanical, magnetic testing as required (i.e. – dielectric, meggar, hipot, etc.)
* Perform in-process hi-pot testing; Perform basic set up of fixtures
* Perform vapor blasting as required
* Perform inventory counts and verification
* Assist with proto-type or first time builds with guidance from higher level employees
* Assist Engineering and / or Team in development / improvement of layout procedures and process sheets
* Review expiration date of materials to ensure materials & equipment to ensure all are current
* Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products
* Good housekeeping skills
* Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
* Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience.
* Compliantly complete all written and / or electronic labor tracking documentation.
* Report problems to appropriate resource and / or Coach
* Keep all shift operators informed on special problems involving operation or set up
* Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of new processes / issues
* May interact with internal cross-functional teams (i.e. – planning)
* Participate in and support team initiatives
* Other duties as required per department
* High School Education / GED
* Ability and willingness to work second shift
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Minimum 1 year assembly and / or solder experience
* Minimum 1 year electronics manufacturing experience
* Comfortable working with multiple chemicals / gas compounds
* Prior experience in a self-directed teaming environment
* Familiarity with 6 Sigma & Lean manufacturing knowledge
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; Norwich
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.