6 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
WESCAM is currently seeking a Command and Control (C2) Network Systems Engineer to join our elite design team. Your need for a challenge will be fulfilled as you deal with the complexity of integrating the efforts of multiple engineering disciplines to create our world-class surveillance products plus you'll be working with some of the best educated and brightest designers in the business. Within this environment your ideas and skills will be enhanced by excellent technology and you will serve as a key member in a multi-disciplinary R&D team working on a wide variety of imaging and laser systems. Our location just west of Toronto makes it one of the most attractive places in Canada for practicing and advancing your systems engineering skills and knowledge. Systems Engineering & Product Validation encircles everything we do here so join the team at WESCAM and be an integral part of one of the top Defense Companies in the country.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Execute the systems engineering role in the systems development lifecycle
* Elicit, define and analyze stakeholder security requirements to create a comprehensive product specification
* Define and document functional requirements and design constraints to respond to the stakeholder security requirements
* Work with mechanical, electrical, electro-optical, software and firmware engineers to develop and implement a clearly documented system security architecture
* Work with project engineers and project managers to control cost, scope and schedule adherence
* Work with reliability engineering to ensure that the system and subsystem requirements implement the required level of reliability, safety, maintainability and testability
* Review and approve subsystem design documents to ensure correct traceability of requirements through all levels of the system architecture
* Plan qualification testing, defining the appropriate test methods and procedures
* Work with test engineering to ensure that environmental qualification is performed in a practical and cost-effective way
* Perform functional verification of completed systems and subsystems against their requirements
* Develop validation summary reports
* Participate in product requirement reviews and design reviews
* Support Bids and Proposals process by developing specifications for customer-specific products
* Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
* Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
* Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
* Install hardware such as cables, hubs, routers, and wireless adaptors.
* Develop technology roadmaps.
* Configure network drivers for software.
* Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
* Provide technical and tactical recommendations concerning the design, development, and employment of Command and Control (C2) systems
* Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
* Manage technology vendors.
* Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
* Determine production direction.
* Assess vendor development/test strategies.
* Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
* Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
* Ability to write unambiguous, traceable and verifiable requirements
* Understanding of the systems and software development lifecycles
* Expertise in product environmental qualification as per the MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and/or ADS-71-SP standards
* High degree of initiative
* High degree of problem solving ability
* Ability to integrate rapidly into multidisciplinary working groups
* Intimate knowledge of the OSI model and HTTP session through all layers on both endpoints and intermediary device is a plus.
* Experience and knowledge of MPLS, Frame Relay, BGP, Security, VoIP, multicast, route manipulation/redistribution, VRFs, NX-OS. Previous experience in SATCOM/RF.
* Highly skilled in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, network design, network planning, and network architecture
* Skilled in DoDAF, MoDAF, DNDAF or TOGAF
Experience & Education Requirements
* A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience implementing C2 solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space
* A minimum of 6 years progressive technical and project experience
* Undergraduate Engineering Degree, preferably in Computer or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
* Network vendor certifications in Cisco
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam