7 months ago
This is an exciting new role at Delta Air Lines for a Wide Area Network Engineering Manager to provide leadership, strategy, and management to lead the enterprise network engineering team and its technology. Focusing on corporate goals and objectives to provide technology solutions, you will be responsible for the strategic leadership, implementation and administration of a Delta's enterprise wide area network.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Manage processes, principles and practices to ensure stability and performance of assigned network infrastructure
- Provide technical direction and guidance for network infrastructure competencies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers, business partners, vendors, team members, and peers to understand, build and maintain systems that provide outstanding business value
- Work closely with business partners and peers to identify needs, define and prioritize system enhancements, and allocate resources to support a complex set of interdependent projects.
- Ensure reliability of deployed solutions by designing reliable solutions and troubleshooting problems if they occur by getting the right people involved and engaged to resolve the problem
- Drive for results by employing a successful management philosophy and style, ensuring effective execution against plans, goals and objectives and communicating effectively any changes to those plans
- Work closely with other managers and internal groups to coordinate other resource needs, dependencies, and impacts
- Develop and manage an annual budget that includes purchases, maintenance costs, and labor expenses
- Remain current on new and emerging technologies and seek cost-effective ways of integration
- Provide innovation and process improvement expertise regarding the supported environment and/or system software
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that creates safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well being.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field, with 6 or more years of leadership experience in an IT environment, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Strong experience in multiple data center design and implementation
- In-depth knowledge of Spine and Leaf network architecture
- Expert experience in software defined networking
- Working knowledge of Cisco Nexus, ACI and VMWare NSX
- Extensive experience in a complex, dynamic network environment leveraging
- Multiple routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and RIP
- MPLS, multi-VRF, and IPSEC VPNs
- Wireless technologies such as 4G/LTE, fixed microwave
- Strong leadership ability with a track record of developing people and achieving challenging objectives.
Experience working in the travel/transportation industry is a plus
Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.