3 months ago
Boeing Research and Technology, the innovation engine of the Boeing Company, is looking for well-rounded, highly motivated, high-performing individuals to help shape the future of the Boeing Company.
We are interested in hiring a Networking Researcher Early Career to develop solutions to challenging problems on our commercial and military platforms, and to develop new networking solution for the Boeing products.
This position is located in Huntington Beach, CA and relocation benefits are available for eligible candidates.
A small amount of domestic travel to support software integration and demonstration activities at remote sites will be required.
The selected candidate will closely work with researchers in the Cyber Security and Network Technology organization to research, develop, prototype and operationalize technologies across application areas ranging from airplane systems, embedded systems, communication systems, mobile devices, etc.
A key to selection as a candidate will be demonstrated ability to deliver high quality implementation, testing, and documentation results on past projects.
Original research to develop new technologies, building of prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility of the technologies, and the test and evaluation of prototypes in relevant airplane/other environments.
* Supporting applied research projects to develop new concepts in network modeling and emulation, network protocols, distributed algorithms, information assurance, or network management technologies, along with work to prove the feasibility of new network technologies, building of prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility of the technologies, and the test and evaluation of prototypes in relevant environments.
* Working in a dynamic team environment, on small (1-2) to medium (3-6) person projects, where excellent interpersonal and communication skills are needed, and due to the research nature of the position, where software requirements are subject to evolve during the course of projects.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
* Minimum Technical Bachelor's Degree by June 2018
* Strong background in Linux or Unix kernel programming
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
* Master’s degree
* Proficiency in Java, Python, Matlab, C and C++ programming languages
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networks.
* Experience with network device drivers, data link and waveform development, routing protocols, transport protocols, network-oriented middleware, wireless or satellite networking systems, networking for embedded systems, tactical communications systems, network management, QoS, or traffic engineering.
* Education/training and/or work experience in PHY-layer waveform or Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) or Electrically Programmable Logic Device (EPLD) or Digital Signals Processing (DSP) devices
* Experience with next generation network technology (Software Defined Networking, IPv6, etc)
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award