7 months ago
The Airline industry is constantly changing and Delta Air Lines is at the forefront of the evolution of how the consumer buys and interacts with the products and services available to them. The Senior System Engineer will deliver high-performing, reliable infrastructure that is a competitive advantage for Delta. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and ensure 24x7 highly available and high performing computing solutions in support of Delta's business operations while transforming technology into a competitive advantage for Delta.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
You will be responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support of Windows and VMware platforms (hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools). Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming. Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment. Ensure platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. Duties may include capacity planning, workload modeling, OS and other upgrades, system maintenance/administration, and diagnostics.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Manage and support VMWARE Infrastructure including Windows Servers and Microsoft Cluster.
- Understand technical/business requirements gathered from the business units.
- Analyze, design, and document platforms/systems to meet enterprise requirements.
- Install, customize, maintain, test, and troubleshoot operating systems and other systems software.
- Configure, install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot hardware systems.
- Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise and in house projects.
- Consult with other business units (e.g. application groups, DBAs, middleware, etc.) and understand configurations for product installation.
- Design and document enterprise standards and procedures.
- Ensure platforms/systems conform to established enterprise/industry standards (systems management, security, operating systems, etc.) and reference models.
- Implement changes to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures.
- Monitor, manage, and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Plan and implement life cycle management of software and hardware.
- Keep abreast of industry and technology trends.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in Computer Science or related field. A minimum of 5 years' expert level experience of Windows Administration with Microsoft Clusters including Powershell. 5 years' experience with VMWare.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of multiple systems (operating/integration/architecture) and programming languages/methodologies. Thorough understanding of server and cloud based technologies, utilizing network systems related to enterprise view.