8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position will work remotely with preference to proximity of Fleet locations
The position focuses on medium duty, commercial vehicle fleets (end-users), and other potential strategic AAM accounts only. The objective is to generate demand from these fleets (end users) for Timken products, this demand will be channeled through Timken’s OES and Heavy Duty Distribution channel partners. This position is heavily matrixed interfacing with Timken Regional Managers, District Managers, Service Engineers, and the Independent agency representatives as the product sales will be delivered through the Timken OES and Heavy Duty Distributors they work with. The relationship with the OES Dealers and the Heavy Duty Distributors is thus shared between the Regional Managers, District Managers and this position. This position owns the high level relationship at the fleet level with the matrixed support of the Timken RM’s and DM’s. This position's responsibility is to pull sales from the fleets vs. pushing sales through our existing OES Dealer and Heavy Duty Distributor channel. This position is accountable for driving sales through the channel based on the annually defined sales objectives. The National Fleet Sales manager will collaborate with Regional Sales managers and Sales management to develop programs to drive sustainable growth.
Essential Responsibilities :
* Develops a business plan and tactics and executes the plan in order to grow the sales within the focused industries and meet financial objectives.
* Effectively drives activity in a matrix structure through RMs and Reps at both HD Distributors, Groups and end users
* Uses CRM timely to maintain:
* Targeted list of fleet opportunities - pipeline
* All account activity
* Call plan
* Company profile
* Key account decision makers and purchasing pattern centralized vs. decentralized
* Competitive pricing & competing manufacturers
* Account hot buttons
* Develops fleet specific programs that can be rolled into our existing OES and HDD group programs
* Actively forecasts demand by product line and works with supply chain to ensure products continuous replenishment.
Collaborates with product and market managers to establish growth objectives. Provides field information on products, industry trends, competitor information, technology and future applications and proactively works to suggest and advise on new product developments that can improve or provide competitive advantage and accelerate industry and account penetration.
Technical and Functional Skills needed :
* Demonstrated sales or marketing experience in focused industries
* Intimate knowledge of product applications in the industries
* Background working with customers and developing long term customer relationships
* Ability to network across the company matrix
* Cross functional assignments, team projects, exposure to areas such as Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Customer Service
* Keen understanding of the dynamics of the Heavy Duty Aftermarket business
* Strong communication skills
* Demonstrated abilities to establish and nurture relationships with key companies
* Ability to interact with customer Sr. Management to technicians/mechanics.
Minimum Qualifications needed :
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Sales/Marketing or Engineering with 10 to 15 years of OE Service or Heavy duty distribution or equivalent years of experience and education
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.