4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Mechanic A Machine Repair position is to be for 2nd or 3rd shift operations. To service, repair, and maintain in good operating condition a variety of complicated mechanical systems and equipment. Examples shall include but are not limited to CNC/NC machines, manual machines and lathes, mills, compressors, process equipment such as autoclaves, ovens, furnaces, hydraulic presses, vacuum pumps, spray booths, lifts, tables, inspection equipment, etc.
* The employee will communicate directly with shop personnel/equipment operators to obtain
information pertaining to difficulties being encountered in the operation of
the mechanical systems.
* Examines machine for defects in operation, locating
malfunction or faulty parts while machine is in operation or by other methods
based on mechanical knowledge.
* Reviews mechanical drawings, performance specifications and manufacturers manuals to
become familiar with the design and operation of the mechanical equipment.
* Determines proper method of dismantling machine to gain access to trouble to
faulty parts, and dismantles and removes parts by using a variety of mechanic’s
* Determines proper replacement parts and source based on troubleshooting analysis and
submits information to supervisor or Facilities office for approval and purchase.
* If necessary, draws sketches for parts to be machined by machine shop.
required performs machine work on small bench lathe, drill press, surface
grinder, etc., to reshape, regrind, fit, to replace broken or worn parts, often
to close tolerances depending on job requirements.
* Checks work by use of precision measuring
instruments such as scale, square, micrometer, dial indicator, and other
* Cleans, oils, and inspects component/replacement parts and re-assembles machine, making
necessary adjustments to insure proper machine performance and operation.
* Operates mechanical systems through necessary cycles to check any variations
* Directs the work of a small group of lower grade employees who assist in the accomplishment
of the incumbents assigned duties.
* Maintains logs and reports necessary for preventive maintenance and service records.
Communicates with management and supervision by verbal, written and electronic means.
* Minimum of 5 years experience performing machinery and mechanical systems repairs in a manufacturing environment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Some experience with precision machining equipment, hydraulics, motors, and process equipment
* Understanding of lock out tag out and all OSHA safety regulations is essential.
* Journeyman cards will be highly preferred.
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.