8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
A segment within the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business unit, Air Management Systems (AMS), is seeking a highly energetic, self-starter Military Program Manager to lead sustaining and/or development programs. The position reports to the General Manager of Military Programs for AMS. The Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of driving program results including but not limited to customer relationship/satisfaction, contractual requirements, deliverables, schedule, budget management, engineering coordination, operations coordination, and production on-time-delivery.
* Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects: Direct specific phases of programs/projects from inception through completion.
* Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
* Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Assist in the establishment of design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
* Act as a primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
* Identify program risks and developing mitigating action plans to execute.
* Direct the work of employees assigned to the program/project from the technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
* Responsible for the total life cycle value stream.
* Involved in the proposal of new business activities.
* Assist in production and spare demand management and planning.
* Assist in the interaction with subcontractors and suppliers concerning strategic planning, cost reduction, demand management, etc.
* Proven ability to tactfully interface with external customers and cross-function teams.
* Active or Expired Secret Clearance is a PLUS
Qualification: Basic Qualification
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in program management, supply chain, operations, or engineering with experience managing projects/programs.
* Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
* U.S. citizens only statement - “We will only accept applications from U.S. citizens for this job.”
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.