4 months ago
Boeing's Space & Missile Systems division, Satellite Systems manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions. Satellite Systems in El Segundo, CA oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of satellites. Boeing is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of satellites for government, civil and commercial customers.
Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You are innovative, creative, and challenge the status quo. You work well in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems you will collaborate with leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the world’s best satellites. You will be a leader in space innovation.
As a Mechanical Systems Design Engineer (Level 3)you will be part of a core team supporting the design and development of state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications for multiple programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
The Mechanical Systems Design Engineer establishes the mechanical system design for satellite product lines. Candidate should have an interest
in mechanisms and mechanical system design and structural analysis.
* Development, maintenance and modification of mechanism system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools (PTC Creo, CreoView), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T – ASME Y14.5M) standards and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
* Fabrication, assembly and test of spacecraft products to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
* Management of supplier development, test and production activities to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
* Preparation of preliminary design with layouts, sketches, preliminary strength analysis to support trade studies, develop mechanisms and component technology, testing requirements, materials, processes, and tools, define interfaces.
* Prepares and documents designs using accepted design practices to meet requirements and objectives in support of product certification and delivery, with direction.
* Evaluating test data to validate components and systems against design requirements and objectives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline is required.
* Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is desired.
* Active Secret Clearance or higher is strongly desired.
* Experience with PRO-E, MATLAB and LabView is desired.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award