8 months ago
Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business that employs over ten thousand of the world’s most sought-after engineers and technologists.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
As a Supplier Performance Manager in Moog’s Aircraft Group you can expect to:
Develop, onboard and grow suppliers in support of Moog strategic supply chain goals. The Supplier Performance Manager will manage supplier risk assessment and mitigation plans. The Supplier Performance Manager has a tactical responsibility to develop improvement plans for underperforming suppliers and supporting periodic Business Reviews.
The Supplier Performance Manager will be expected to understand the business product line needs, including supporting cost, delivery and quality improvement programs with existing and new suppliers. To be able to drive improvements, this role requires knowledge of the supply base, current supplier performance, manufacturing best practices, and quality tools. This position may require leadership of cross-functional teams to accomplish supplier improvements. Some international travel required. Ability to build relationships with suppliers’ personnel at various levels of their organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of manufacturing/operations or engineering; or a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience (usually post-education) in the field of Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Quality.
• Proven general capabilities in procurement practices, supplier assessments, supplier development and/or customer support.
• Proven specific capabilities in understanding and communicating the technical aspects of the goods and services procured and abilities to form and lead teams.
• Desirable qualifications would include: Black Belt and/or Six Sigma certified, Lean Certification, Supply Chain Management.
• Blue print reading and understanding of material specifications and secondary operations. Experience in machining/gears/chemical processing is a bonus
• MS Office skills required. Demonstrated ability to create spreadsheets complete complex analysis.
• Presentation skills and ability to present to customers and suppliers.
• Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan (APQP) approach and tools
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran