about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Program Manager will be responsible for internal/external customer elements: customer satisfaction, budget planning and monthly financial updates, scope and schedule management, contract assertions and negotiations, risk mitigation, problem resolution and monthly program updates to UTAS & PW Vice Presidents/Directors. The candidate will interface with the customer as well as be the customer advocate within UTAS, while meeting the overall objectives of the Engine Systems business. The candidate will work closely with the Contract Administrator and the Project Chief Engineers to coordinate business and engineering activities.
The Program Manager must provide direction/support for activities related to customer deliverables and required to maintain customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will manage the day to day activities of the program while supporting and coordinating efforts with engineering, finance, contracts, program office, major suppliers and multiple IPD teams, with direct interface to the customer. As a point of contact for customer communications, the Program Manager must have good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and resolve complex problems to ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget to customer needs.
* Drive customer satisfaction through on-time delivery of contract deliverables.
* Drive program execution to achieve successful design reviews and on-time development hardware deliveries.
* Utilize EVMS metrics to manage program costs and execution.
* 7 years of experience in Program Management, Contracts Administration, Project Engineering or related position.
* Frequent use of Microsoft Office suite - Word/Excel/Project/Powerpoint is expected.
* Experience should include a proven track record of managing projects, EVMS and customer satisfaction.
* Strong cross-functional leadership and attention to detail are critical for this position.
* Individual must be able to hold government security clearance.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field required.
* MBA or Master's degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.