4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We have an opening for Manufacturing Planner / CNC Programmer / Facilities Management Co-op. Come work for GE Aviation, an industry leader! Our sprawling 221-acre site is located in Lynn, MA, where the first American jet engine was built. Our site is accessible through public transportation. Dedicated to innovation in energy, health, transportation, and infrastructure, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people around the globe.
We are looking for students that are interested in a hands-on role in a fast-paced, data-driven, manufacturing environment.
In the Manufacturing Planner / CNC Programmer / Facilities Management Co-op role, assignments will be in the following areas:
* Develop 2 and 3-axis N / C processes for development hardware (i.e., machining programs, tooling,) as well as 4 and 5 axis N / C processes
* Contribute to process improvement efforts on mature hardware with similar support
* Set up and operation of machine tool equipment (both N / C and standard-types to support development / production cell activities)
* Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
* Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations / set up
* Troubleshoot process issues
* Create development / production planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes
* Perform other related duties as required
* Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
* Meet required degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering
* Completed two full year of college (rising junior)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Willing and available to work at GE Aviation in Lynn, MA
* Due to access to export controlled info, you must be one of the following: Be a U.S. citizen or national; US permanent resident; Person granted refugee status; Person granted asylee status or beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324(a)(3))
* Relevant hands-on experience (mechanical repair, construction, etc.)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong organization and time management skills
* Demonstrated team player and willingness to learn from others
* Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
* Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
* One who strives for academic success
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn