about 1 year ago
Help build Spirit’s reputation by communicating with the public, through the media to create understanding of and advocacy for the airline while working collaboratively to ensure aligned communication with all stakeholders (team members, investors, suppliers,
* Identify influencers and relevant reporters/editors to build media lists:
• Track and measure media coverage, including tone, sentiment and competitive positioning.
• Develop engaging content for media outreach, the More Go blog and SEO.
• Support social media team to monitor and mitigate media-sensitive issues.
• Respond to emergency and crisis communications events.
• Work with customer relations team to respond and solve media-related consumer complaints.
• Organize public media events and contests to promote Spirit service and initiatives.
• Write press releases, internal communications and messaging for various departments.
• Assess media opportunities and public events for executives.
• Assist Internal Communications Team with regular Podcasts and video production.
* Clearly and effectively tell the “Spirit Story” by executing the strategic PR/media plan. Understand and elevate issues that can adversely affect the airline. Support brand action promotions and proactive social media strategy.
* Respond to all media inquiries in a timely manner, understanding that media relations at Spirit Airlines is a 24/7 operation. Help reporters understand Spirit Airlines position and accurately report on the company in a way that is consistent with our messaging.
Develop and distribute news releases and media statements to build awareness and understanding of Spirit’s unique business model, customer benefits, and company news. Ensure messaging is consistent with our overall brand and vision and is easily understood
* Coordinate media interviews, speaking engagements and news conferences for Spirit spokespeople and executives to ensure Spirit’s Story is shared and understood. Develop talking points (and presentations when applicable) and prepare presenter(s) for each
* Assist front-line customer-facing areas of the company, i.e. customer relations, reservations, stations, inflight, etc., in ensuring they have tools and messaging for assisting customers that is consistent with Spirit’s overall messaging and image.
* Support all members of the Spirit Airlines Communication team, through collaboration, and backup support.
* Work with the Communications Team (Investor, Internal and External) to ensure effective, aligned messaging across all stakeholders.
* Experience developing and executing all-encompassing communication strategies that include all channels of communication for external stakeholders.
* Expertise in message development and execution.
* Understanding of how media newsrooms work and how reporters think.
* Expertise in executing news conferences and media/special events.
* Strong capability in written and verbal communications.
* Strong capability with social media platforms and content development.
* Proficient at Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
* Experience using online media relations database software systems.
* Understanding that media relations for Spirit Airlines requires responding to media 24/7.
* Bilingual English/Spanish. While not required, bilingual candidates are preferred.
* Content creation experience and distribution knowledgeAbility to use computer based video editing equipment to product video presentations.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and
promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.