10 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Mechanical Systems Design Engineer (Level 3) to join the Fleet Support Group team located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Responsible for the successful development, build, integration, test and certification / verification of the mechanical systems installed on the aircraft
* Coordinate with a multi-discipline engineering team of Boeing and subcontractor personnel covering structures, aerodynamics, fuels / hydraulics, power, wiring, mechanical subsystems, avionics and software
* Experience base in the program life cycle of large complex development programs, and technical subcontractor management
* Support internal / external design reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary / Critical Design Reviews (PDR / CDR) with US and Foreign Air Force customers
* Provide design expertise and technical knowledge to resolve customer inquiries for post-production fleet sustainment
* Perform technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
* Knowledge in supporting new business and proposal activities is a must
* Develop complex statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets
* Works under minimal direction
Global Services & Support
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
Mechanical systems design experience
Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) tool experience
Experience creating structural / mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
Experience in the configuration management tool CMPro
Experience with Microsoft Office suite applications
Data analysis experience
Experience using the following configuration management processes:
Engineering Bills of Materials (BOMs)
Product Data Management (PDM) systems
This position is based in Oklahoma City, OK. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award