11 months ago
B/E Aerospace - Anaheim manufactures nearly all galley air chillers and refrigeration insert equipment currently used by airline operators throughout the world. With over 30 years of experience, B/E Anaheim has designed and certified the broadest range of refrigeration and chiller products to suit multiple commercial and military aircraft platforms. As a reflection of our strict quality standards and adept product support program, products manufactured by B/E Anaheim achieve the market’s highest reliability levels and customer satisfaction ratings. The strength lies in the strong teamwork seen throughout all levels of the facility. We are the industry leader in new product development in fields such as advanced compressor design, thermoelectric devices application and other complimentary galley products in coordination with other B/E Aerospace facilities.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Experienced Mechanical Engineer in our Refrigeration Products business located in Anaheim, CA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will perform complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. You will assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tests/products/equipment. The position also requires an ability to interpret, on a broad basis, the principles, theories, and concepts of an engineering specialty.
* Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities including delegation to others.
* Drive test requirements.
* Conduct Stress and Thermal analysis to include stress modeling.
* Adhere to new product development methodology utilizing a phase gate approach in the development of new products for major airframe manufacturers.
* Prepare engineering development proposals and feasibility studies.
* Coordinate efforts at all levels with other units of the company, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, etc.
* Develop new components and systems to support aerospace product line.
* Follow through on experimental designs to correct design deficiencies and make improvements.
* Provide regular status updates and progress reports for assigned programs.
* Originate required documentation for projects i.e, ATP, QTP, QBSA, QTR, Tolerance Analysis, etc.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or other related Engineering degree from a four-year college or university
* Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Hands-on experience in design and development of mechanical systems such as small pumps, actuators, refrigeration systems, motors, valves and heat exchangers.
* Experience scheduling and executing development projects from prototyping through entry into service.
* Familiarity using a stage gate process to meet performance, cost, and schedule requirements.
* Experience with various manufacturing processes i.e. Sheet metal, tube bend, brazing, machining, etc.
* Ability to interpret mechanical and fundamental electrical engineering principles, theories, and concepts centered around airborne refrigeration equipment.
* Experience with Qualification Test Programs for Boeing & Airbus programs highly desired
* Direct experience with refrigeration and heat exchangers within the aerospace industry
* Previous experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Experience with 3D modeling software, UG preferred
* Mechanical dampening and acoustic attenuation experience desired
* Ability to perform mechanical analytical analysis and FEA desired.
* Familiarity with Thermal and/or CFD analysis a plus.
* Ability to interact with high levels of internal and external management
* Able to make clear and concise customer presentations
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.