about 1 year ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
The engineer will work with both the NURs and IAPs business segments to support the customer. The engineer will partner with both vendors and technicians to resolve issues to help ensure repair of products. The engineer will drive systematic problem solving and improvement through use of ACE and engineering principles.
* Supports value stream by ensuring test rigs are functioning properly, provide technical clarity on repair manuals, and support product daily output is met
* Develop inspection plans, tear down plans, fault isolation plans, and any other investigation plans in support of investigating product failures
* Use engineering principles to design products such as test rigs and fixtures
* Coordinate development of Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, and other airline directives
* Prepare and conduct product maintenance and overhaul training
* Ability to be flexible (change priorities as-needed), hands-on, analytical and intuitive
* Work with some supervision and guidance to perform tasks of substantial complexity and be capable of leading and coordinating the efforts of technicians
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 3-6 years or more of engineering or related experience in hydraulics
* Experience in hydraulic design, layout and application
* Experience in electro-mechanical applications
* Project management experience
* Must be adaptable to working multiple tasks, have flexible schedules to meet project deadlines and schedule commitments.
* Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or similar software
* Proficiency in MS Office such as Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, positive attitude both internally and externally, while maintaining client service orientation
* Passed Fundamentals of Engineering or Engineer in Training exam
* Knowledge of LabVIEW or programming language such as C, Python, Ruby, or VBA
* Experience in fabrication, operations, installation and/or repair of mechanical products
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or a similar engineering discipline from an accredited institution required
* Master of Science Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or a similar engineering discipline from an accredited institution preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.