26 days ago
Mechanical Engineer 1
Entry-level position in the field of Mechanical/Structural design. Participates in the design of detail parts, assemblies, and installations for aircraft structures, mission equipment installations, and mechanical systems installations. The engineer applies basic engineering design and/or analytical theory with an understanding of structural analysis for application to integrate system design. Additional responsibilities are research, development of layouts, preparation of engineering drawings, and coordination of design activities with Tooling, Flight Sciences, Manufacturing, and Production to ensure that designs meet requirements at minimum cost. Designs will be accomplished using three-dimensional solid modeling CAD software under the mentorship of senior-level design engineers. Mechanical design engineers have the opportunity to work on numerous system designs on a variety of aircraft.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related engineering field
· 0-2 years of applicable experience
· Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
· Must be able to walk to and from the flight line, work in aircraft hangar environment, and board/exit aircraft
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Willing to travel or relocate, if necessary
· Co-Op/Intern or previous exempt-level experience in mechanical/structural design
· CAD skills are highly desired
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance which requires US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required
:Day - 1st
:Yes, 10 % of the Time
:Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
:Aug 14, 2018, 5:18:32 PM