about 1 year ago
Mechanical Design Engineer - Latches and Hinges
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
CDG is starting up a new, small team to focus on the reverse engineering and design of aircraft components. CDG is looking for an experienced specialist in the area of mechanical components and assemblies, including latches and hinges, to lead these projects. This position is located in our Long Beach, CA office. No relocation provided.
Degree in engineering classification or equivalent years of experience. Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree preferred.
• Candidate must possess experience designing mechanical components and assemblies, including latches, hinges, door opening and closing mechanisms, locks, and articulating bracketry
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 12 years relevant experience
• Experience with reverse engineering strongly desired
• Experience with PMA or other aircraft component certification strongly desired
• Product engineering experience encompassing components of the entire life cycle – concept to delivery – strongly desired
• Stress analysis, strength/structural analysis and physical testing experience a plus
• Experience working with international teams a plus
• Engineering within Boeing Commercial Aircraft Group a plus
• Lead the reverse engineering and design of mechanical components and assemblies
• Approve designs for accuracy, functionality and manufacturability
• Present project or team status to other CDG/Boeing teams, functions, management, and organizations, as well as customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to keep them informed of progress, help needed, and changes to plan
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrated understanding of general mechanical design principles, including design for manufacturing (DFM) and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
• Proficiency in 3D modeling and 2D drafting (CATIA V5 experience a plus)
• General understanding of aerospace material properties, including metals and plastics. Knowledge of composite materials is a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
CDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.