about 1 year ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Design Engineer in our Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer plans & designs mechanical equipment; and oversees the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment. Performs standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
* Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects
* Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians
* Coordinates work with other engineers and operating groups to facilitate participation of various organizational units
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
* Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work
* Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university; and three-to-five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience designing mechanical components and assemblies with an emphasis on manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
* Proven experience performing engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of components.
* Solve design problems and check computations contributing to analytical designs.
* Experience in preparing, modifying, and releasing drawings created in CAD (Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E, and Catia) to verify fit, form and function of mechanical designs.
* Experience in fluid mechanics, valve design, high pressure systems or elector-mechanical products.
* Experience utilizing engineering tools such as FMEAs, FEA, and DFMA to validate design content.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.