8 months ago
Our Lenexa facility specializes in the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing, focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Design Engineer in our Oxygen & PSU Systems business located in Lenexa, Kansas.
The planning and design of mechanical equipment; and the oversight of the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment. Performs conventional, less complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations. Instructions are provided on task specifications and design constraints. Close review of new design or applications is provided.
* Applies standard techniques involving only minor innovations of methodology to provide solutions to problems involving a limited number of variables.
* Normally focuses on existing products or processes.
* Participates with drafters, technicians, and others to contribute to project completion.
* Coordinates work with other engineers and operating groups to facilitate participation of various organizational units.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year college or university
* One year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with CAD (Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E, Catia or similar software)
* Experience designing mechanical components and assemblies with an emphasis on manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
* Proven experience performing engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of components. Solve design problems and check computations contributing to analytical designs.
* Experience in pregaring, modifying, and releasing drawings created in CAD (Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E, and Catia) to verify fit, form and function of mechanical designs.
* Experience utilizing engineering tools such as FMEAs, FEA, and DFMA to validate design content.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.