8 months ago
Mechanical Design Co-op
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56337BR Date posted 11/06/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway. All superstars start somewhere… are you ready to take off?
This 2018 Winter Intern position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference. Candidates will benefit from working side by side with a talented and experienced group of professionals eager to mentor. Student will work from approximately January – May 2018.
As a Mechanical Design Co-Op at UTC Aerospace Systems you will be responsible for:
* Support NPI activities - Perform mechanical design analysis tasks for rotating machine and pack components. Tasks could include and not limited to FEA/Structural analysis and optimization, Rotordynamic analysis, tolerance studies and CAD modelling.
* Under the guidance of UTC Aerospace Engineers, the candidate will analyze field data and support root cause analysis.
* Candidate to support cost reduction and shop support activities for legacy products.
Qualification: Preferred qualifications:
* Strong presentation skills
* Critical/strategic thinking ability
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
* Teamwork & Collaboration
* Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
* Champion of change and vision
* Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
Education: Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering.
GPA of 3.0 or above is required
Previous UTC internship/ co-op experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.