3 months ago
We are seeking a Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer to support our Bomber Platform Sustainment Programs in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
- Supports the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment.
- Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system designs/proposals to provide design documentation and high-level requirements to downstream users/customers.
- Performs detail design development and modification of mechanical and fluid system installations.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers including production, suppliers and fleet operators by troubleshooting operational anomalies, production assembly or functional test issues or in-service incidents.
- Develops cost and time effective, creative solutions, and disposition of issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews part specifications to determine suitability to aircraft specifications, generate or modify 2D and 3D design documentation.
- Develops drawing parts lists.
- Works under general supervision, and no instructions are needed for routine work.
- Receives general instructions for special assignments.
- Work is reviewed for sound technical judgment and overall adequacy.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools to include; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 years Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience
- Experience with mechanical drawings and parts specifications
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Prior C-130 experience
- Military experience
- Experience using Technical Orders
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award