2 months ago
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries . L3Harris. com
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Mechanical Assembler, routes, wires, assembles and installs electrical and electronic components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment according to specifications, using fixtures and jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings and specifications to determine assembly methods.
1. Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
2. Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements.
3. Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters.
4. Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
5. Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping device.
6. Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness and plugs, using ohmmeter, test lights and other electrical testing instruments.
7. Pot or encapsulate electrical and electronic components and assemblies. Demonstrates knowledge of mixing and measuring epoxies.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of precise measuring equipment. (Calipers, micrometers, etc.)
9. Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a defect is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
10. Responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system.
11. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
* Strength member termination/potting
* Operational knowledge and experience with industrial equipment including pressure and tension
* Hand tool assembly work
* Crimping procedures
* Testing procedures
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience preferred in related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
2. Ability read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings and sketches and specifications to determine assembly methods for electrical and electronic components.
3. Ability to follow instructions; ability to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of assembling equipment or tooling problem and understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a situation.
4. Ability to comprehend and apply modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine shop practices and techniques.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally; good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements
1. Be able to obtain a US Secret Clearance.
2. Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
US Security Clearance Required
:Day - 1st
:Division - Chesapeake-21005034
:Sep 18, 2019, 9:44:43 PM