12 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
• Drive on-time delivery though managing backlog line by line.
• Accountable for meeting area productivity targets to satisfy customer requirements.
• Troubleshoot scheduling and material issues that affect the warehouse area.
• Maintain inventory accuracy through adherence to developed standard processes.
• Responsible for managing workload and working with team to identify continuous improvement opportunities. Determine staffing requirements and cross train work force to flex as needed.
• Responsible for leading ten to twenty employees in three major supply chain sub-areas (shipping/receiving/warehouse).
• Monitors, evaluates, and assesses daily activities and employee productivity.
• Develops positive cross-functional team and models effective interactions and problem resolution.
• Responsible for unscheduled after hours Airplane on the Ground (AOG) shipments.
Materials Supervisor develops and manages the direction and daily activities of the site’s shipping, receiving and warehouse departments. This includes developing processes to ensure (1) inventory accuracy during receipt, stocking and issuing of parts and (2) product is shipped to meet customer requirements while controlling freight costs.
• Knowledge of manufacturing operation that would be obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing-related business and two or more years of direct experience within manufacturing operations and/or related environment. Prior shipping and stockroom management experience would be a plus.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to perform described role and responsibilities and obtain the desired results.
• Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities.
• Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
• Current knowledge of lean process improvement concepts preferred.
Pay, Benefits, Work Schedule
This position is on first shift, however needs to be flexible with the schedule based on business needs, including weekend and emergency off hours support as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
How To Apply
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Requisition #8943. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
This position is located in Camarillo, Ca.