9 months ago
The Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) organization is seeking an entry-level Materials, Process & Physics Engineer (Level 1) to join the Manufacturing Research & Development (MR&D) team in Ridley Park, PA.
The main focus of this assignment will be Composite Shop factory support. This includes being co-located on the factory floor working with existing processes and equipment associated with the composite fabrication and assembly, identifying effective manufacturing technology (processes, tools and equipment) to accomplish the build work statement, supporting repair of defective conditions on the fabricated items, project management skills, specifically for projects that develop and insert manufacturing technology into current or future fabrication process, and daily interaction with shop personnel. Identify safety and ergonomic improvements. Provide portable and perishable tool recommendations.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Defines engineering requirements to develop, select, or recommend parts, materials, processes, manufacturing technology, machines, devices, tools and automation used in the manufacture of products
* Develops and maintains specifications and other documents that manage and regulate the deployment of materials, parts and processes
* Evaluates emerging automation, robotics
* Integrates new technologies as appropriate
* Applies knowledge of Boeing parts, materials, and processes to assess, resolve and optimize product and process issues throughout the Boeing product lifecycle
* Designs, develops, tests and qualifies manufacturing technology, machines and devices, tools, automation, robots, electrical parts and materials, electronic assemblies, computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements
* Review and approve part, material, and process callouts on engineering drawings, review design, tooling, manufacturing and assembly for produciblity, safety and quality
* Conducts basic analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts or processes
* Assists in implementing corrective and preventive actions
* Assists in preparing training materials
* Supports identifying opportunities within the production system for improvements
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
Bachelor's degree or higher
Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Initiative, teaming, planning, project management and communication skills
Ability to innovate and strategize, as well as work with details to drive projects to successful completion and implementation
Ability to work with factory mechanics, as well as other organizations such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Industrial Engineering and Design Engineering
Engineering degree preferred
Familiar with a computer aided design package such as CAD & CATIA
Experience in composite materials fabrication and assembly processes
Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities
Previous internship work experience
Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
Experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment
Automation experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or similar industries is a PLUS
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is located in Ridley Park, PA and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award