3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Materials Planning & SIOP Specialist will be tasked with creating and managing inventory targets for various sites.
* Lead a project team within a functional or operational unit.
* Assist in development and management of budget, staffing, and or business/operations results
* Monitor and analyze the weekly health measures report for the program and trouble shoot inaccuracies between the System and Production schedules.
* Roll up and monitoring of inventory metrics and reporting to program and SBU leadership
* Work initiatives associated with performing capacity analysis, time studies, labor performance analyses, and inventory reductions.
* Forecast working capital and drive counter measures to resolve issues.
* Execute plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies and end-items. Review master demand schedule in order in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SIOP process.
* Track and manage inter/intra-plant work in process (WIP)
Position may be located in Chula Vista, CA, San Marcos, CA, or Foley, AL.
* 5+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may substitute for degree requirements (ie an MA/MS degree with 3+ years' of experience OR an AA/AS with 7+ years' of experience)
* Experience with Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and Continuous Improvement (CI)
* 4+ years of Master Scheduling experience
* Financial experience with Inventory & Working Capital
* 3+ years of experience with MAKE-or-BUY decision making
* SAP experience, specifically with inventory management screens
* Experience using MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel)
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
Supervisory or leadership experience
* Position may travel
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.