3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
We have an opportunity for a results driven Materials Planning Manager overseeing the material planning for Phoenix Operations. This position will report to the site Materials Manager, and is directly responsible for developing and executing materials management strategies in support of UTC Aerospace Systems Phoenix Operations objectives.
• Manage Operations Production Planning organization - to include but not limited to staffing, performance management, career development of associates
• Align and execute to UTAS materials management strategies and drive individual performance and accountability
• Coordinates with Logistics Manager to ensure material being present to manufacturing lines in timely manner
• Interface with business unit sales and operations planning, supply chain management, central logistics, engineering and other parts of the organization in support of manufacturing execution.
• Establish annual and monthly Input and Sales/Output Plan based on requirements loaded by internal enterprises and external Customers
• Develop and implement initiatives to support the Standard Factory, Lean Transformation and Third Party Logistics initiatives
• Define strategies to implement daily production scheduling into Phoenix plant site
• Operate as a team player across the site, integrating with the other functional groups and driving action closures as needed
• Responsible for on-time delivery metrics across all cells including reconciliation of misses and drive full root cause and corrective action for the issues.
Qualification: Required Qualifications:
• 4-6 years of experience in materials management.
•3+ years of experience leading teams with prior success in developing talent
•Microsoft Experience with Excel – formulas, pivot tables, data base management, data analysis charts and Powerpoint – creating, updating presentations with charts, graphs, manage slide master formatting, and executive summary preparation.
•Experience working with SAP related to materials management and transaction functionality.
•APICS certification preferred
•Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen certifications preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BA/BS degree with 6 years’ experience or MA/MS degree with 4 years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.