8 months ago
Moog is a world leader in flight control and utility actuation systems for civil and military aircraft. We offer fully integrated solutions, specializing in Primary Flight Control, Secondary Flight Control, High Lift Control, and Active Vibration Control.
Our Space & Defense Group in East Aurora is looking for a Materials Coordinator for 2nd shift. Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for a wide range of materials, shop floor control and manufacturing support activities to ensure the timely and efficient processing of work in process to meet Space & Defense Group Production Plans.
What you’ll be working on day to day:
* The timely and efficient movement of work in process and error-free entry of all related transactions.
* Reviewing and determining the revision and configuration of work in process.
* Reviewing, documenting and incorporating operation sheet changes.
* Reconciliation of work orders and resolution of all quantity, revision, traceability, configuration and serial number deltas.
* Processing of work orders to stock including reviewing of operation sheets, verification of serial numbers and generating stock labels.
* Creating work order splits and all associated transactions.
* Scheduling and prioritizing work order splits, rework work orders, and detail support work orders as directed by the Materials Handling Supervisor.
* Issuing and transferring material to work orders and all associated transactions.
* Creating, deleting and modifying work order tracking records.
* Processing Moog and customer owned scrap.
* Issuing rework and detail support work orders to track material and rework activity as well as to collect associated costs.
* Coordinating rework activity with Materials, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering and Quality Engineering personnel.
* Creating, deleting and modifying work order allocation records.
* The packaging, preservation and protection of work in process.
* As directed by the Materials Handling Supervisor, expediting work in process to meet monthly shipping targets.
* Provide feedback to the Materials Handling Supervisor regarding preservation and packaging concerns, capacity and processing constraints, as well as transportation issues as they relate to work in process.
What you’ll need to bring with you:
* Associates Degree in Materials Management or Business plus three (3) years related experience or a high school diploma plus at least five (5) years specific experience supplemented by materials and/or technical courses. APICS certification in shop floor control is desired.
* Familiarity with a wide range of material preservation and packaging supplies.
* Ability to utilize materials handling equipment such as electric carts, pallet jacks and forklifts.
* Knowledge of Ergonomics, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Hazmat and Right-To-Know training
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran