4 months ago
Materials and Processes Engineer- Global 5/6000-TOR03990
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Provide advice as necessary to designers, structural engineers, technical writers, Liaison Engineers, customer support, Quality, buyers and laboratory staff on the applications, properties and processing of aircraft materials and hardware.
- Review and approve engineering drawings, change documentation, certification plans and release documentation for materials in general. Take part in design reviews with internal Product Development Teams and with partner/suppliers, when requested.
- Support on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various Engineering documents dealing with aircraft materials and their processing, such as company material specifications. Review production process documents prepared by others and recommend for approval.
- Prepare, administer and approve standard practices, procedures, design guidelines and corporate/site specific part standards contained in Bombardier Manuals
- Keep abreast with current materials and hardware technology and development, suitable for use in company products, through contacts with various external agencies and suppliers.
- Act as the site focal for all hardware related technical issues
- Administer site specific standards, supersession list and web page updates
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent plus a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the aerospace or a related industry. Have or be eligible for Professional Engineers of Ontario professional designation.
- You have a thorough knowledge of aerospace materials with experience in standard hardware and processes used for the manufacture of aircraft.
- You have good working knowledge of MS Office is required and CATIA experience is an asset. You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment.
- You have pro-active attitude and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.05.2018, 11:00:00 PM