4 months ago
Reporting to the Manager, Material Operations, the successful candidate will be part of a project team responsible for actively managing and resolving all material related issues for his/her assigned project, through direct interaction with stores, warehouse, shipping/receiving and shortage coordinators
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Departmental SME for the project
* Work in integrated team with project Manager, Production Control, Production, planning and Engineering
* Provide Material expertise to team in the formulation of work package releases
* Proactively review aircraft work packages releases
* Communicate major project activities and requirements with supporting Material teams
* Keep department informed on progress and resource (time, people, parts) issues
* Communicate material performance figures to team
* Capture and action “Material Lessons Learned” from each project
* Follow up and report on subcontract activities
* Convene and attend periodic meetings with appropriate employees, supervisors and management aid in expediting material availability and support.
* Read, understand, comply with and suggest improvements for all material operations company procedures and directives
* Remain Current on common user application software in support of aircraft supply
* Other duties as assigned
* The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the material warehouse/material field, preferably in the aircraft industry and in a variety of settings and roles.
* Bachelor’s Degree in business related studies, or equivalent in training and experience.
* Strong skills in MS Office Suite of applications and typical company ERP systems (e.g. JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.).
* Strong analytical and customer service skills.
* Strong influencing skills and the ability to meet objectives working with colleagues.
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Familiarity with the Aerospace supply environment and its major challenges.
* Familiarity with the ISO 9000 quality environments.
* Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Works Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Internal applicants should use source code: I am an IMP Internal Employee
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.