about 1 year ago
Employees receive goods delivered to the manufacturing plant floor for storage in the Stockroom or use on the Manufacturing Plant Production. They unload the merchandise from trucks and check to ensure that they match with the delivery documents such as the bill of lading, shipping invoice or delivery note. They also verify that the goods are intact and report any defects.
To perform any required follow-up and expediting assignments to assure the availability for manufacturing personnel of assigned material, tools, parts, and assemblies in accordance with established production schedules. To perform all stockrooms and receiving dock responsibilities as well as maintaining program kitting schedules, run, and expedite backorder reports, coordinate receipt and delivery of critical line stopper material. Generate and expedite status reports for ageing put away.
- Requires a HS diploma/GED equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
- Ability to stand and perform work duties for an extended period of time to receive, store, and ship materials, supplies, and/or equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in various temperatures (e.g., warm, hot, cold, freezing) to complete warehouse tasks.
- Ability to work in an environment that includes dust and other debris to receive, store, and ship materials, supplies, and/or equipment.
- Ability to utilize personal computer systems, software, and applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Oracle) to complete various work tasks including sending emails, maintaining warehouse records, etc.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles (e.g., fork trucks, electric golf carts) for product relocation.
- Ability to obtain certification for powered material handling equipment for warehouse duties and functions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, percentages) for checking, counting, shipping, and tracking material.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices used in receiving materials and supplies in warehouse/manufacturing deliveries.
- Knowledge of the methods of unpacking materials and supplies from trucks using forklifts, dollies, and pallet jacks for warehouse/manufacturing shipments, deliveries, and storage.
- Knowledge of inventory procedures and records for materials and equipment.
- Ability to store materials, supplies, and equipment in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and projects to ensure completion within established timeframes and by expected deadlines.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments, and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work independently on projects or assignments without close supervision or detailed instructions to maximize workplace productivity.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely, detailed, and orderly manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others (e.g., employees, vendors, truck drivers, public) to create a productive environment.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches or solutions to allow for an effective resolution of the problem.
- Ability to identify and anticipate problems and act proactively.
- Ability to listen to others to facilitate an open exchange of ideas and provide for effective communication.
- Willingness to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation
Middle River Aircraft Systems is a subsidiary of GE. Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years. GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.