4 months ago
CF34 is looking for a Material Controller for 6 months.
Provides materials, components and engines in a timely manner by physically moving them from stock points either manually or by way of material handling equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Operates a forklift truck within all safety guidelines; fuels vehicle when needed and notifies supervisor when problems are encountered with its operation.
- Uses the production management computer system to dispense and receive information such as receipts, transfers, returns, cycle counts, product codes, part numbers, quantities, comments, outstanding demands, non-conformance tags, etc.
- Visually inspects all incoming products for compliance to the purchase order received with the shipment in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Verifies purchased products were obtained from an approved source as listed on the qualified vendor listing, and directs the product to the appropriate area for inspection.
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies noted during the cycle count process; completes discrepancy reports and performs computer system data entry from receiving documentation in accordance with established policy and procedure. Segregates non-conforming material from accepted material to prevent inadvertent use.
- Communicates non-conformities found with the appropriate department.
- Cleans incoming trays and moves parts from gateway to engine trays.
- Conducts an inventory of engine parts located on the engine trays to determine part requirements for build kit completion.
- Liaises with production planners to locate parts, expedite work, and/or obtain estimated completion dates.
- Logs received and shipped items into production management receiving system to maintain lot control registry.
- Mentors trainees and participates in on-the-job training (OJT) for the relevant materiel process.
- Stocks consumables and parts on warehouse shelving.
- Arranges parts/components into kits as per original equipment manufacturer parts manuals.
- Prepares and completes a variety of documentation required for credit and export compliance, vendor returns, picking and shipping of parts, service center transfer shipments, etc.
- Controls data integrity of inventory systems by creating and updating system files.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
-Good planning, organizational, interpersonal, and decision making skills to ensure compliance to customer, regulatory and company requirements.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the proper handling of material.
- Working knowledge of inventory controls and warehousing procedures is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) requirements and hazardous goods handling.
- Holds a valid class 5 driver's license (or equivalent).
- A valid forklift operator's license (Manitoba Safety Council)