3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight! This business unit is looking for a Material Clerk to join the team.
The Material Clerk will be responsible for:
* Receives, stores and issues materials, supplies and merchandise. Compiles and verifies stock records against source documents. Packages and ships end products. Loads, unloads and moves materials within and outside the plant. Performs tasks with minimal supervision.
* Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
* Prepares items for direct shipping or delivery according to customer specifications.
* Counts, sorts, compile records and inventory quantities, types of materials received, stored and issued in plants. Prepares material for storage.
* Stores materials in bins, floors or shelves with identifying information. Adds preservatives when and where necessary.
* May cut or prepare materials to fill inspection sample orders.
* Unpacks and examines incoming shipments; notifies supervisor of damaged items, records storage and corresponds with shippers. Delivers items to the appropriate department, plant site or other locations.
* Loads/unloads trucks and pallets as needed, using hand and power equipment.
* Safely operates all assigned equipment. This would include having met the requirements set forth by the State of Illinois in terms of drivers license, or by the Company for certification of the safe operation of fork lift trucks or related equipment prior to assignment to work with one of those pieces of equipment.
* Equipment operated weigh scales, stretch wrapper, PCs, automated printing equipment, both line printers and label printers, and other material handling equipment as it applies.
* Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
* 1 year Material Handling, Shipping and Receiving or Stockroom experience.
* Ability to complete documents in conjunction with the tasks and duties assigned.
* Understands basic mathematics.
* Ability to write in a legible manner.
* Work with some supervision, but must show increasing knowledge and skill in performing assigned tasks.
* Demonstrate a cooperative, efficient effort and take care working with fragile materials.
* Ability to learn to operate equipment necessary to carry out assigned job responsibilities.
* Experience with email, Microsoft computer programs.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.