9 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Supply chain
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
• Demonstrates proper physical handling and accuracy of the material aspects of the Business;
• Maintains FIFO (First In First Out) inventory control;
• Receives, picks, handles in-bounding, issues and replenishes counter and roto bin parts.
• Performs cycle counts and runs parts according to Stores processes.
• Supports the Mod building with frequent deliveries and pick-ups that supports Production in a timely manner.
• Works with Scheduling, OJT's, and the ATL of the Mod building in an effort to provide optimal support;
• Packages and coordinates the shipment of components and finished goods for both commercial and military customers according to shipping processes.
• Interprets Packaging Plans and compares them to the Customer Contract for shipping processes.
• Completes shipping qualification in order to buy off own shipments.
• Works with Scheduling, Production Control, Master Scheduling, OJT's, ATL's, and Program Manager's to support on time and minimum cost shipments;
• Supports 10-step, QDEP, and any other Quality initiative as implemented in each area;
• Regular, predictable attendance is required;
• Other duties may be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Must pass visual acuity test for color blindness without corrective lenses and 20/25 vision with or without corrective lenses.
• High degree of accuracy in following technical specifications. - Advanced
• Ability to self-inspect work utilizing strong attention to detail. - Advanced
• Ability to read and interpret detailed specifications and instructions, such as safety rules, reports, contracts, process documents, and correspondence. - Advanced
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. - Advanced
• Ability to use measuring instruments. - Beginner
• Basic computer skills including but not limited to navigating systems using a keyboard/mouse/barcode scanner. - Advanced
• Ability to adapt to continuously changing work conditions. - Advanced
• Ability, knowledge, and willingness to make accurate entries to ensure inventory accuracy and support FIFO (First In First Out) for all Material. – Advanced
• Ability to meet acceptable accuracy levels and proficiency in all processes. – Advanced
• Ability to distinguish part numbers that only vary by one or two characters or letters and operate with minimal opportunity for error. - Advanced
• Ability to perform bin audits and assist with inventory audits as deemed necessary. - Beginner
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Ability to complete employer skills training certification classes as necessary for the specific job duties.
North America, United States, Texas
Minimum education level achieved
High School diploma, A Level
Minimum experience level required