about 1 year ago
Responsible for inventory control, specifically identifying and reducing excess and obsolete material and ensuring proper identification of inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for evaluating inventory to determine excess and obsolete material based on material usage, Master Schedule, Bills of Materials, MRP and historical and future sales data and forecasts, etc.
2. Recommend and implement strategies for the reduction of excess material and the prevention of future obsolescence of material.
3. Responsible for reviewing programs scheduled for discontinuation and recommending phase-out strategies to prevent excess and obsolete inventory.
4. Recommend and coordinate strategies for the disposition of obsolete material.
5. Coordinate and assist in the preparation/disposition of scrapping material.
6. Coordinate with Manufacturing, Customer Care, Procurement and Receiving/Inspection to determine material requiring receiving and inspection priority.
7. Perform job and material cost analysis to determine cost variances and reasons for variances.
8. Maintain inventory and purchasing units of measure and conversion factors.
9. Analyze incoming and outgoing freight costs and collaborate with logistics and Purchasing to identify cost reduction opportunities.
10. Assist with tracking and analyzing key performance indicators for cycle counting, inventory dollars, freight analysis, etc.
11. Lead continuous improvement events to foster efficiency and process improvements.
12. Assist Purchasing with identifying material demand issues by performing problem solving activities.
13. Support Stores operations by providing required analysis, research, reporting and problem solving.
14. Assist with part set up and maintenance as required.
1. Two year college degree in Business or Applied Engineering or similar degree; or equivalent inventory planning related work experience.
2. Two years previous experience with an MRP system in a fabrication and assembly environment with meaningful scale.
3. Proficient in MS Office software applications.
4. Ability to interpret engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
5. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
6. Good written and oral communication skills and the traits of an effective team member.
7. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and accurately perform duties.
8. Must have independent problem solving skills and the discipline to persevere until problems are solved.
9. Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences.
10. Willingness to continue personal growth and development (e.g. certification through APICS or ISM).