8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That's why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds, and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industries greatest challenges-safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
This position is for a senior Engineering Services and Support technician who is under general supervision. Performs moderate to complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects. Collaborates with Production and other support staff to confer with engineers on details and implications of test procedures and results. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and work well in a team environment.
* Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks.
* Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, complies, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
* Analyzes, maintains, compiles and formats data and design changes.
* Produces drawings, reports and engineering documentation.
* Performs research and engineering laboratory function involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
* Design, build and checkout of test equipment.
* Experience troubleshooting circuits down to piece part level
* Knowledge of Aircraft APU FADECs
* Knowledge of Digital and analog circuits
* DO-160 qualification testing experience
* Knowledge of ARINC-429 protocols and requirements
* Experience prototyping circuits
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Understanding of manual and automated test methodologies
* Bending, stretching and lifting may be required up to 50 pounds.
* Availability to work off shifts, weekends and overtime.
* 30 years' experience
* Experience working within DO-254 certification program(s)
* Ability to act as company representative for technical issues
* Experience with SPICE simulation tools
I. United States
a. Authorization to work restrictions:
· Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. (citizen, work visa, asylee, etc.)
b. Background check and/or drug screen notification
· Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* AA/AS degree in Electronics Technology, or Equivalent.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.