8 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Monitor and support the planning and overall Master Scheduling functions for Sustaining, NPI (New Product Introduction), and CSG (Customer Service Group)
* Facilitate the every other day order status meeting, ensuring on time delivery for customer required dates
* Provide timely updates to the demand organization related to these orders
* Support bill of material change affectivity
* Create and maintain a forecast in the ERP (ERP-LN) system for programs office support, and ensure timely customer order consumption against that forecast
* Review Burlington location schedule and discuss with Burlington Master Schedulers regarding discrepancies
* Accountable for the maintenance of Manufacturing Order Date Integrity by changing the dates in the manufacturing system based on MRP suggested actions and shortage situations
* By analyzing the Material Availability reports for their specified Work Center, take action to ensure that Manufacturing Orders will start on time based on the Work Order start date
* Open and release Manufacturing Orders to replenish POU in Production as required
* Communicate with Purchasing in order to provide information related to the component shortages for MOs that start within a specified timeframe
* Co-ordinate and negotiate schedule recovery dates with the Production Supervisor of the Work Center in order to maintain on time completion of the WOs
* Provide critical information Programs management office, where WOs will not complete on time and could affect the ultimate Customer completion date for Master Scheduled items
* Provide weekly metrics related to on-time Manufacturing Order completion dates for their assigned work centers
* Liaise with upstream and downstream work centers in relation to ensuring successful completion of product to meet Customer demands
* Provide critical scheduling information to the daily Order Status meeting
* Co-ordinate requirements of the schedule where required to the Inventory Control group (Stockroom)
* Based on negotiations with the work center supervisor provide promised completion dates to the CSG, NPI, Sustaining groups related to Manufacturing Orders. Ensure proper and timely adherence to schedule for these WOs
* Assist the work center Supervisor with the Capacity Plan for assigned work centers
* Demonstrate support to active programs such as Continuous Improvement, Kaizen etc.
* Be conversant will all aspects of the Material Planning systems
* Provide ongoing key business metrics related to Production Planning and Scheduling
* Highly energized, results oriented problem solver
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Commitment to change using a Continuous Improvement approach
* Strong communication skills in a Team environment
* Effectiveness in change management and must be innovative, adaptable and resourceful
* Ability to work the weekend shift (Friday, Saturday and Sundays from 7 am - 7 pm)
Experience & Education Requirements
* 5 years of progressive experience in Production Planning within an ERP system environment
* 2 years experience of configuration management in the production planning role.
* APICS Certification or working towards certification
* PC Skills (Microsoft software, Manufacturing systems)
* Intimate knowledge of current and advanced Manufacturing processes and technologies such as: ERPII, Visual Manufacturing, Kanban, JIT.
* Post Secondary Education University or College Degree/Diploma
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Division L-3 Wescam