4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Master Scheduler will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. They will also plan and schedule material / production needs. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
In addition, as Master Scheduler, you will :
* Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs
* Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs
* Optimize inventory and process improvements
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
* Deliver products as part of a team
* Work on cross functional teams
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Materials Planning and / or scheduling
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Engine Services, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors, and systems for aircraft, industrial, marine, military, and space uses. The Jacksonville, Florida facility is Unison's world headquarters, providing corporate support in Sales and Marketing, Design and Product Engineering, Finance, Research and Development and Human Resources. Major product lines include Gas turbine engine ignition and control, including ignition exciters, ignition leads, igniter plugs and various electronic systems in support of the other Unison facilities. The Jacksonville location employs a multitalented workforce of 500+. Over 19,00 new jobs have been created in the Jacksonville area over the past 5 years. Our combination of one of the best and most affordable business environments with ample recreational opportunities, proximity to the beach & short commute times explain why 1.4 million people have made the Jacksonville region their home. Learn more about Jacksonville!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Florida; Jacksonville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.