7 months ago
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sun Country Airlines (MN Airlines, LLC d.b.a. Sun Country Airlines) is based in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. The award-winning airline, which flies to popular destinations across the U.S., Mexico, Costa Rica and the Caribbean, has earned a reputation for offering world-class service at an affordable price. The airline offers vacation packages through Sun Country Vacations, a program that allows travelers to book airfare, hotel, rental cars, tour attractions and more in a single, convenient transaction. The Hometown Airline also offers Sun Country Charters—taking your private charter group virtually anywhere with a commitment to reliable and customized service. For more information, visit suncountry.com.
The position of Marketing Intern will assist in all aspects of marketing and will give the candidate on-the-job education in marketing best practices. The intern will assist with projects in the area of public relations, traditional and digital media, event marketing, sports marketing, philanthropic opportunities and the company store. The role also requires assistance by participating in meetings, running errands and general support of the marketing department. The position is located out of Eden Prairie, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supports marketing department with daily workflow tasks.
* Prepare creative brief requests for submission to creative team.
* Provide support for social media efforts.
* Research and summarize industry related events.
* Coordinates and attends Sunny (company mascot) appearances.
* Assist with execution of company sponsored events during summer time frame (Music in the Zoo, Minnesota State Fair).
* Manages projects between various company departments, including production.
* Contributes to the growth and performance of the company store inclusive of product sourcing, report management, custom orders, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned by team.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. In addition, this position will operate in and around pilot training devices and fixed and full motion flight simulators. Occasionally, this position will operate within the industrial workplace of an aircraft hangar, in and around commercial aircraft, and aviation support vehicles and equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time, Monday – Friday.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
* Pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree at an accredited university.
* Proven project coordination skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and establish priorities.
* High degree of organization, self-motivation and creative thinking.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* Ability to work well with cross-functional teams frequently and collaboratively.
* Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
* Qualified candidates must pass a criminal history background check.