5 months ago
Managing Director, Customer Experience & Design
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Marketing Coordinator supports a variety of marketing and administrative activities, including budget and invoice support, administering prize fulfillment, planning meetings and arranging travel, maintaining online files, and distributing marketing collateral.
Scope & Complexity
- This individual contributor position coordinates and supports marketing activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Administers prize fulfillment, including travel vouchers, while following accounting policies and procedures.
- Responds to inter-departmental requests for brand/advertising/promotional support, provides brand assets to approved vendors and internal partners, and provides base-level brand approvals on use of branded assets.
- Provides monthly budget coordination and reporting for 15+ vendors.
- Maintains and distributes the rolling, 18-month marketing planning calendar.
- Processes invoices, including routing of signatures for agency and vendor monthly billings, reconciles invoices to billing manifests, and tracks invoices through payment of vendors.
- Determines materials, oversees creation of materials, and coordinates distribution of all elements (including promotional supplies) in support of marketing sponsorships and trade media partners (150+ events annually).
- Maintains shared online files and serves as the point-person for records retention, calendar, and compliance for brand marketing and loyalty teams.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules meetings for managing directors, including meetings involving their teams, vendors and business partners.
- Oversees meeting set-up (e.g., Web-ex, A/V, F&B and lodging arrangements) internally and at remote locations.
- Prepares meeting support materials including developing PowerPoint presentations and other exhibits.
- Filters and distributes responses to incoming calls and correspondence in support of managing directors and staff.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and keep appropriate records
- Prepares expense reports, orders supplies, and handles other administrative support tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- An Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree, with a focus in marketing or a related discipline.
- Experience with budget processes and systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability maintain confidentiality and maintain composure under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to readily learn new skills.
- A professional work ethic and the ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening).
- Detailed oriented and highly organized, with ability to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Accounting knowledge.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: 3/18/18
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.