9 months ago
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Pro-actively monitor and analyze nonstop market performance and forecast quality to identify opportunities for revenue growth; adjust forecasts accordingly.
* Identify outliers in forecasting system and make appropriate actions.
* Monitor fare initiatives in assigned markets and work with Pricing Team to identify potential pricing actions.
* Assist in managing holidays and events and make forecast adjustments as needed.
* Create and manage flight level inventory controls, including post analysis after application.
* Conduct and present analysis on revenue performance within market scope.
* Monitor and adjust show rate forecast quality.
* Determine overbooking settings for assigned markets; research and report performance of overbooking, spoilage and other optimization overrides.
* Provide Positively Outrageous Customer Service to both internal and external Customers.
* Comfortable modifying existing/standard SQL queries and excel pivot tables.
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* College degree required *NOTE: Must Currently possess a college degree, -OR- will have obtained/possess a college degree by September 9th of 2017). (preferably in Finance, Economics, Math, Business or Engineering)
* At least 1 year of analytical experience preferred.
* Analytical background preferred.
* Ability to make decision in an ambiguous environment.
* Demonstrates ability to interpret data, draw implications and modify approach.
* Uses data to synthesize action plan and can clearly communicate interpretation of data to others.
* Handles complex analyses well with little supervision.
* Routinely goes beyond simple numerical checks in quality control.
* Maintains high quality even in complex situations with tight deadlines.
* Consistently takes big picture into account in decision stream and makes right decision.
* Pursues changes to operational or analytical status quo that serve to increase efficiency and/or generate revenue (e.g. developing automation, creating new reporting, etc.).
* Prioritizes own work and actively makes trade-offs to move items with highest revenue opportunity or greatest sense of urgency to prime importance.
* Develops action plans that incorporate type of action, degree, and direction that translate into appropriate action.
* Prepares support for recommendations that includes opportunity statement, definition of success/desired result, and break-even analysis (when necessary), and potential risks.
* Creates tracking mechanism and actively follows-up to gauge impact of actions.
* Able to identify relevant items for communication both internally and externally without being coached by Leader.
* Structures and writes concise communications with limited Manager guidance.
* Identifies project/analysis opportunities and is able to prioritize in context of other work.
* Commences work on own and provides unsolicited checkpoints to leader on progress.
* Has courage to make decisions with limited amount of available information.
* Manages multiple own concurrent initiatives.
* Is able to quickly and accurately respond to urgent requests.
* Maintains composure, work quality, and other skills (e.g. communication) during stressful situations.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary and sensitive Company information.
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
* OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience and knowledge of Revenue Managment principles and practices preferred.
* Experience working with an airline preferred.
* Experience working with Airline Revenue Management tools.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.